Function / Activity
Logisticians organise the flow of goods in the structure for which they work, while meeting deadlines and minimising costs:
- Supply (of raw materials, provisions…), order control.
- Store inventory management
- Transportation planning: shipment, receipt and product delivery
- They also oversee the application of current regulation (customs, import-export, security…).
- They may need to do – sometimes substantial – team management within a given warehouse or service: logistics operators management (order pickers…), quality control, continuous improvement…
- They are preferred contacts for several operators inside (commercial service, production, direction…) and outside (suppliers, carriers, customers…) a site.